POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Advice on sheer fabric texture? : Advice on sheer fabric texture? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:26:03 EDT (-0400)
  Advice on sheer fabric texture?
From: Simon Lacey
Date: 25 Jul 2000 18:56:06
Message: <397DFF69.A1C554B0@yahoo.com>
I want to create a fabric texture that will give the effect of thin
cotton or even silk. The key points are:
- a cream or off white colour
- Slight transparency/translucence so that a little light comes through
and a hint of the body limbs underneath are given
- a slight roughness to suggest the warp of the cloth - very subtle or
fine texture.

Any suggestions for the parameters? I considered using a texture map
from a photo, but I can't seem to get the translucence effect as well if
I use an image map.